- Why are liberals so condescending? Gerard Alexander, Washington Post 2/7/10
It's an odd time for liberals to feel smug. But even with Democratic fortunes on the wane, leading liberals insist that they have almost nothing to learn from conservatives. Many Democrats describe their troubles simply as a PR challenge, a combination of conservative misinformation -- as when Obama charges that critics of health-care reform are peddling fake fears of a "Bolshevik plot" -- and the country's failure to grasp great liberal accomplishments. "We were so busy just getting stuff done . . . that I think we lost some of that sense of speaking directly to the American people about what their core values are," the president told ABC's George Stephanopoulos in a recent interview. The benighted public is either uncomprehending or deliberately misinformed (by conservatives).
- Add @suziplasse to the folks you follow on Twitter... a relentless female John Galt who, ironically, DOES live under the sign of the $. (Vegas)
- I sent the following letter on 2/5 to Jennifer Horn, one of the Republican challengers for the New Hampshire 2nd Congressional District seat:
I enjoyed participating in the rally on Tuesday withat the Marriott Courtyard in Nashua. The speeches were great and there was a terrific buzz in the crowd.Terrific "stump speech" by you as well! I took a couple extra copies of the Constitution and gave them to a few friends. (I sent your campaign a donation this morning of $25 to help defray those costs.)As a concerned citizen, whose interest in your campaign extends only to my unshakeable commitment to see a true conservative assume the seat of the NH 2nd Congressional District in November, I highly, highly recommend that you get connected to the exploding Twitter community.I know what you're thinking, because before this past weekend I harbored the same skepticism you might have (your last tweet on NHJennifer was on 11/3/09). Is Twitter just a way for people to say they're taking the dog out, or "OMG didja see Lost?" Quite the contrary. When the history of the 2010 conservative landslide is written, the impact of Twitter will be showcased as the lubricant of the machine that proved to be unstoppable. The first chapter in that history was written on 1/19 in Massachusetts.This past weekend I attended, with about 500 other concerned conservative grass-roots organizers in NH, a forum at SNHU sponsored by Fred Tausch's Steward for Prosperity focused on the use of social media in organizing grass roots movements.So, I took the plunge, opened a Twitter account and started "tweeting". As I saw how the information flowed my jawed dropped in awe at the power that Twitter enables.Everyday, the movers and shakers of government, conservatism, liberalism and everything in between are using Twitter to shape the messaging of the events of day - effectively emasculating the distorting and destructive power the main stream media has enjoyed and, by which, the liberal monster that we face today sits, nervously, upon Capital Hill.I highly recommend that you get out there on Twitter. The reach that you will have in a very, very short period of time will be far greater and cheaper than traditional Twitter-less campaigning. Also, your ability to attract the attention of national-level support, as Scott Brown enjoyed (primarily through Twitter) will be exponentially enhanced. Every day - every hour - you will be able to imprint your position on the incredible events of the day and the folks following you will grow every day. We will know Jennifer intimately because she will have been with us on Twitter every step of the way.I would love the opportunity to speak with you or your staff about this.Best Regards,Craig Powers
- Early Morning Thread: How to Destabilize and Destroy a Country, Michael Walsh, Big Journalism.com. A chilling interview from 1985 with a former KGB agent who details with clinical precision. the four step process for destabilizing and destroying a country: 1. Demoralize (15 - 20 years); 2. Destabilize (2-5 years: Focus on economic destabilization, foreign affairs and defense); 3. Crisis (6 weeks); 4. "Normalization". 25 years ago, this guy was foreshadowing what we now suffer in 2010.
"EXCLUSIVE HD" 9/12 Tea Party march on Washington...HIGHLY Inspirational! An incredibly inspiring speech by Rev C.L. Bryant that I was fortunate to hear from the west lawn of the Capitol on 9/12/09 along with my son Erik and fellow patriots Frank Giudici and Craig Wilson.
- Don't Blame It on Our Coca-Cola Bottles Academy Award winning screenwriter, Paddy Chayefsky on European contempt for Americans from the WWII era movie The Americanization of Emily Courtesy of @suziplasse